Research & Travel Grant Scheme
CEU's Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies offers research, travel, and educational grant scheme for its junior members* in order to improve the quality of postgraduate research and enhance the visibility of CEU postgraduate researchers at international workshops and conferences. CEMS grants support language courses, summer schools, as well as obtaining research materials.
Please attach all relevant supporting materials to your application, namely:
- a short letter of recommendation from your supervisor (in a closed envelope or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org);
- a programme or letter of invitation, if your application is conference-related, plus a brief description of why attend-ing this conference (workshop, symposium) would be relevant for your current research and future career;
- a detailed outline of your research proposal (no more than 750 words) specifying the signiﬁcance of support from the CEMS for its successful completion;
- detailed information about expenses (receipt of conference fee, accommodation, xeroxes of tickets, etc.);
- (Besides the CEMS application form, please also fill out a CEU grant application form relevant to you; i.e. either the Travel or Research Grant Application form).
Application deadlines for 2020-2021
- Fall Term: October 5, 2020
- Winter Term: January 11, 2021
- Spring Term: March 15, 2021
- Summer Term, May 10, 2021
- Summer Term, June 11, 2021
*Please note that only registered junior members are eligible to apply. If you would like to become a registered junior member of CEMS, please download the Membership Request form from here and submit it at email@example.com. For any inquiry about the grants, please do not hesitate to contact the coordinator of the center.