Research & Travel Grant Scheme
CEU's Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies offers a research & travel grant scheme for its junior members in order to improve the quality of postgraduate research, and enhance the visibility of CEU postgraduate researchers at international workshops and conferences.
Please attach all relevant supporting materials to your application, e.g.:
- a short letter of recommendation from your supervisor (in a closed envelope or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org);
- a programme or letter of invitation, if your application is conference-related, plus a brief description of why attend-ing this conference (workshop, symposium) would be relevant for your current research and future career;
- a detailed outline of your research proposal (no more than 750 words) specifying the signiﬁcance of support from the CEMS for its successful completion;
- detailed information about expenses (receipt of conference fee, accommodation, xeroxes of tickets, etc.).
The deadlines of application are
- 15 October for Fall Term projects,
- 15 December for Winter Term projects,
- 15 March for Spring Session projects,
- 2 May for summer research projects/summer schools or Fall Term projects of the following academic year.
Please note: in order to be eligible for receiving a CEMS grant you must be a member of the center.